Assistant waiter is responsible for providing general assistance to waiters in the service of foods and beverages to passengers in restaurants and dining rooms aboard the cruise ship.
- Previous experience in similar land-based or seagoing position.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with passengers and other employees in an appropriate way to ensure the best quality service.
- Team work skills and the ability to collaborate with other members of the staff.
- Ability to identify and solve problems with other employees and passengers in an appropriate way.
- Flexibility to work overtime or assist other members of the staff in the area.
- General assistance to waiters in the service of food and beverages to passengers.
- General assistance in setting up tables, including linens, China, silverware and glassware.
- Taking food orders to the galley and collecting dishes and items from it to the service area.
- Removing dishes, glassware and cutlery from passengers' tables.
- Assistance in general preparation of appetizers, salads, cold dishes, dessets, and brewing coffee and tea.
- Assistance in preparing some drinks and non-alcoholic beverages for passengers.
- Cleaning and removing dishes, glassware and silver from tables after service is completed.
- Informing the waiters when dishes, items or beverages are not available in store or will be delayed from the galley.
- Informing the waiters about any event that may occur during the service time, or request from the passengers that needs special attention.
- Assistance in replenishing supplies and service equipment.
- Filling salt, pepper, sugar and condiment containers.
- Offering and providing any assistance to the passengers before leaving tables.
- Polishing glassware, cutlery, China and flatware.
- Cleaning and sanitazing of work station and its equipment according to cruise company's standards legal rules.
- General assistant to waiter to achieve full passengers' satisfaction according to the company's standards.
- Garbage disposal.
- Participation in restaurant and dining room entertainment and events, cabin service and buffets when required.
- Assistance to any individual duties as requested by waiters and supervisors.
- Attending training programs and meeting.
1,200 - 2,200 dollars/euros a month (approx.), depending on gratuities.